Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

“The Space Between Us” – Finished


            I actually finished this book quite a while ago. There were some good twists towards the end of the book, certainly upping the stakes, but I think my overall view and recommendation of the book remains about the same as the last time I wrote about it.
            My wife, Julia has also recently finished the book (she reads about 20 times faster than I do), and we talked about it afterwards. We shared basically the same views on the book and its author, but especially the following: the author uses too many similes, and seems to carry a strong dislike and mistrust of all males. But we also agreed that it was a good read for being in India and learning more about its culture.
            So my recommendation remains the same: If you are going to India, or want to learn a little more about India, I would recommend the book. But if you’re just looking for a good book to read, I suggest you look somewhere else. Possibly The Poisonwood Bible, which I have recently started, and so far find very interesting and enjoyable.
            I know I have kind of wrapped up this book quite quickly, so if anyone has specific questions about it or would like to hear more, just let me know. However, if you haven’t read my first post about the book, I would start there because I covered it a lot more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment